Thanks for joining me for the Session 5 of The Aspiring Producer Podcast! Good to have you guys back for another session and glad to see that you’re still down with The APP. Aren’t we all really deep down, let’s be honest. But it feels good to be back, minus the man-flu of course, which as we all know is a deadly, life threatening disease. Hopefully I will pull through. But aside from that, the last week has been good, I have been working on my upcoming EP some more, developing some of the sketches I have previously put together for that project.
Also, as I mentioned in this week’s show, I really want to start introducing and interviewing some guests on the show, Producers both established and Aspiring and everyone in between. So, if you have anybody that you would love to see on the show, or if you think that person should be you, then hit me up on Twitter @theaspiringprod and also make sure you hit THEM up on Twitter and tell them you want to hear them drop some knowledge on the Aspiring Producer Podcast!
Once again, thanks for listening and if you’ve been enjoying the Podcast then please make sure you subscribe on iTunes and also leave a review, that would be awesome. And if you have any feedback or suggestions then make sure you hit me up on twitter @theaspiringprod and share that knowledge, I’d be happy to incorporate it into the show.
In this latest session I talked about:
– The Things I Wish I Knew 5 Years Ago As An Aspiring Producer – This was more like a little therapy session for myself, but hopefully at least even one Aspiring Producer will find some value and help from it, because in this week’s podcast, I break down some of the biggest things I wish I knew as an Aspiring Producer 5, 10, or even 15 years ago. If somebody had really told me some of these bad boys half a decade ago, then it could have been enough to really wake me up to some possibilities and changed the course of my progress as an Aspiring Producer. So whatever you do, make sure you don’t sleep on these, it could just be one thing that helps change your perspective, but it could be that one little change that catapults your career as a Producer to the next level. So listen, take notes, and learn from my mistakes…
– I give an exclusive sneak peak into a rough demo from my upcoming EP!
– I introduced the newest segment to the Podcast – the Aspiring Producer Quiz! Think you know your shit as a Producer? Do you know your LFO’s from your BPM’s? And do you know your Dr. Dre’s from your Dr. Nay’s? Well, you can test your chops here on the quiz and see how your knowledge stacks up.
– Our latest producer in the Aspiring Producer Spotlight – NateTheHitmaker from Cleveland, OH.
– The sad news of Phife Dawg passing away, Soundcloud’s latest venture & other Production news.
Top 5 Tracks Of The Week
1 Phazz – About Her (Prod. by Phazz)
2 Justice League – Money Dance II (Prod. by The J.U.S.T.I.C.E League)
3 Kilter ft. Micah Jey – Fool For You (Prod. by Kilter)
4 Big Sean – Get My Shit Together (Prod. by Tommy Brown & Mr. Franks)
5 The Chainsmokers ft. Daya – Don’t Let Me Down (Prod. by The Chainsmokers)
Sample Of The Week – Session 5
Here is this week’s Sample Of The Week – this is actually from the track ‘Flight’ by composer/produce/artist Patrick O’Hearn. Definitely has a cool vibe, so see what you can create with it. If you manage to create any magic with it, then drop a link to it in the comments below or hit me up on Twitter @theaspiringprod and I’ll be happy to feature the best one’s on the Podcast & Blog.
Other Links Mentioned:
http://theaspiringproducer.com/store – sign up to get Aspire Piano’s Vol. 1 for FREE!
Thanks for listening!
I really appreciate you guys tuning in once again and I hope you enjoyed what you heard!
Please feel free to leave a comment below to let me know what you thought, and if you liked it, please share it using the social media buttons to the left of this page.
Also, if you haven’t already, make sure you sign up for the mailing list to receive my first official sample pack ‘Aspire Pianos’ absolutely FREE! It won’t stay there forever, so grab it whilst you can.
Finally, make sure you subscribe on iTunes to make sure you get every session delivered straight to your device, you don’t want to miss anything, do ya? And if you have a minute, please leave a review on iTunes, it really helps the podcast and that will help the community as a whole.
All other music Produced by Titchimoto, unless otherwise stated.